10 April 2011

USING THE UNUSABLE[INDUSTRIAL TEXTILES]

My collection will rely on the power and uniqueness of industrial textiles to fully engage with the idea of a post-apocalyptic world. Fortunately for me I have sought out a prominent industrial textile manufacturer in Australia who is willing to provide me with any textile I desire and free of charge! The company is Waxcon and they are not only fabulous and durable but they are AUSTRALIAN MADE!!! It is amazing what an industrial fabric can do and just how inspiring they are to work with. This is industrial textile number one (the easiest one to work with) which is an Army tenting fabric which I have done experimental stand work with in order to understand its handle and drape. I Am very excited about working with this fabric!


No comments:

Post a Comment